One of the deepest, richest gameplay found in any game on any platform, NetHack is a cult classic since its release in 1987, and has since spawned many descendants (including Diablo). gandreas software now presents this classic for the iPhone/iPod Touch:
- Playable in either "ASCII" mode, or graphics mode (just rotate the device to switch)
- Obscure keyboard commands replaced with a simple taps for movement, or a handy command picker.
- Commands can also be activated by a unique gesture based command - want to search for a secret door? Swipe across the top of the play area (all the gestures are shown on the command picker for easy reference)
- Graphics can be zoomed in/out via pinch
- Completely faithful NetHack experience (all the levels, monsters, potions, scrolls, etc...)
- iPhone UI - standard scrolling lists, pickers, etc...
- Multiple tiles sets, from the classic to the sublime
- Never see a keyboard unless you are doing something like typing in a name!
Can you retrieve the Amulet of Yendor and return to the surface?
Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
NetHack is a free software application from the Action subcategory, part of the Games & Entertainment category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-10-23. The program can be installed on iOS.
NetHack (version 1.0) has a file size of 6.82 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.